Sammy Seriani is trained in both the traditions of Ashtanga and Iyengar. Her classes blend the challenging physical practice of Ashtanga with the therapeutic intelligence of Iyengar yoga. A special emphasis is placed on form and alignment in this vinyasa flow style class that cultivates strength and flexibility of both the body and mind. Sammy creates an atmosphere that is challenging, inspirational, and fun. In her classes, you can expect creative sequencing set to great music. Her students push themselves, finding new found strength and clarity, and will probably even laugh a little :)
Check out Sammy's goals below and get inspired!!
* This year I am improving upon my health by cutting gluten and dairy out of my diet.
*I am adding an hour walk for me and sharkpig to my daily fitness routine
*I promise myself to go surfing whenever the conditions are good and not let swells pass by with getting on my board.
* I am introducing videos to my website this year, so that yoga students here on Maui and all over the world can take yoga with me anytime of day from anyplace they want to practice. Be ready to be on camera if you come to my class :)
* I am in a lululemon add on the back cover of yoga journal ;)
* In my personal life I am working on communication & ways to better express myself this year. As I learn to express myself creatively and verbally, I hope to draw the same qualities of open honest communication and self expression out in others.
* I am working on the forever ongoing process of svadyaya “self study” and self love.
* I am continuing my daily yoga practice as well as my yoga education through reading literature on the subject daily and taking every opportunity for study and training with senior teachers that is presented to me.
* I am very dedicated as an instructor and I open my classes up to the world through media and travel. My message is very simple: Yoga brings freedom.
* Animals bring me lots of joy! In addition to my dog, I would like to add some more pets to my family. Another dog, a couple horses, and a couple goats sounds perfect.
* I am not just working for myself in this world. I am also working to help others. I am an avid volunteer and fundraiser for a children’s charity.
* In ten years I have achieved a high level of discipline as far as my health is concerned. I maintain a 6day/week 2 hr. yoga practice as well as a daily meditation practice lasting between 1-3 hours.
* I swim 1/2mile 3 days a week and surf regularly.
*My diet is vegan as well as gluten free and I am enjoying the benefits of juicing raw fruits and veggies.
*I am spreading yoga and aloha through traveling to teach workshops once a year, teaching online, and also writing for yoga journal.
* I know that one day i will definitely be a mother. I am blessed with a child or maybe children in this next ten years.
* Sharkpig is still alive and in good health
* My garden is mature and my family eats from it daily.