We want you to have the freedom to treat your clothes with the same tough love you give your workouts. Here are some tips to get the longest life out of your garment:
- best bet: check the care and content label. This label has garment specific information on how to care for your lululemon gear
- when in doubt: if you're rushing off to your class, machine wash your garments in cold water and tumble dry on low
environmental best practice
- cold wash/air dry: machine wash in cold water and air dry (and we don't mean the setting on your dryer). This will help to protect the life of the LYCRA® fibre and the shape of your garment
- our footprint: almost 60% of our total water impact and 20% of our total carbon emissions occurs when our guests launder their garments. Cold wash and air dry your gear if you want to show the earth a little love
taking care of bright colours
Keep it light and bright. To care for your bright coloured gear, we suggest that you:
- wash bright colours alone before you wear them
- wash according to care instructions (in most cases that will be cold wash/tumble dry)
- continue washing bright coloured gear with similar colours
- when wet, keep bright coloured gear away from other fabrics
other tips to extend the life of your garments
- like with like: turn your gear inside out and wash it with other synthetic fabrics (e.g., Luxtreme, nylon, etc.) and avoid anything abrasive, such as denim or garments with Velcro® or zippers. These can be harmful, especially in a repetitive motion like in a washer or dryer
- avoid mixing luon with cotton: wash your luon separate from your hoodies and towels. We know that cotton fluff (especially from towels) gets attached to luon
- luon and fabric softener don’t mix: avoid using fabric softener because it coats the technical fabric and inhibits its wicking capabilities
- LYCRA®: machine washing gear that contains LYCRA® fibres and hanging it to dry will protect and extend the life of your gear
how to wash different fabrics
luon, Swift and Silverescent families
- natural blend family
- cold wash/warm dry
- exceptions: Merino Wool, Boolux and Cashlux – cold wash/ lay flat to dry
- outerwear family
- cold wash/hang to dry
- close all zipper and Velcro® closures
- use the least amount of detergent possible to clean it effectively (leftover detergent may inhibit the water-repellency)
frequently asked questions
how do I wash my Scuba Hoodie?
for washing our cotton fleece Scuba Hoodies, we recommend putting them in a cold wash with your other cottons and either hanging them to dry or drying them on low
eek! I used fabric softener with my luon, is it ruined?
no. The fabric softener clogs the pores of the technical fabrics, so it makes the fabric not wick away sweat as well. Wash your items again (without the fabric softener) and they should return to their normal wicking level as the softener is washed away
how do I wash my lululemon bag?
we recommend spot cleaning your bag with a cloth, a little soap and water
how do I wash my headband?
our headbands can be washed like our other technical garments (washing is especially important for slipless headbands whose 'sliplessness' can be affected by hair oils). We'd suggest putting them into a delicates bag so they don't get caught on anything. Cold water and lay flat to dry is best
do I need to take the cups out of my sports bra to wash it?
we find that removing cups when washing our sports bras helps them to keep their shape. To wash the cups, hand-wash them in cool or warm water and lay them flat to dry
If you have any questions that we haven't answered here, give us a shout at the Guest Education Centre: 1.877.263.9300 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org