1. I’m waiting for the rain to stop.
The funny thing is, the rain is waiting for you to start.
2. I still haven’t recovered from that horrific chafing injury.
A healthy coat of Bodyglide in strategic places makes running more fun than a Slip ‘N Slide.
3. I can’t run and be on pinterest at the same time.
Think of it as photo-scouting for your “I love my hometown” board.
4. There is a box of chocolate chip cookies in my cupboard that aren’t going to eat themselves.
Nothing builds an appetite like a long run.
5. Training is for the weak.
That’s true. And by the end of their training they’re strong.
6. I am on the watermelon diet so I am functioning on negative calories.
No-one really functions on negativity.
7. I might get smoking hot and attract too much attention.
Fighting off unwanted admirers is a never-ending task. Being able to outrun them is much more satisfying.
8. I only run if someone’s chasing me.
Find someone else to run with. You can take turns being the chaser.
9. I’ve got to watch Mad Men. I’m obsessed.
I saw Jon Hamm running through your neighbourhood yesterday.
10. I don’t have my gear with me.
If a lion was chasing you, would you stop and tell him that you haven’t got the proper gear? Maybe you just need the right motivation.
11. I don’t have time.
If only we had 24 hours in the day like our grandmothers had when they raised 17 children, cooked dinner, cleaned the house and worked in the hospital ten hours a day, six days a week.
12. My headphones keep falling out.
Try singing instead. It’ll improve your lung capacity and cheer up passers-by.
13. I'm really not in the mood.
Exercise in the morning before your brain figures out what you’re doing.
13.1. I’m lazy.
We'll say. You didn’t even take the time to think of a good excuse.
Now that you haven't got any good excuses left you should probably get out there and run - The SeaWheeze is just 10 weeks away!