The Assistant Manager is responsible for certain aspects of the Manager ‘80/20 Checklist’ (attached), with direction by the Store Manager, so that the store consistently produces a ‘Wow! It’s You!’ guest experience. When the Store Manager is absent, the Assistant Manager is accountable for all store operation functions.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN ASSISTANT MANAGER (the Tasks):
- Passionately leads and educates on the retail floor
- Takes a stand as an advocate for lululemon athletica’s values
- Oversees the execution of certain deliverables on the Manager ‘80/20 Checklist’, as delegated by the Store Manager. For example, Inventory, Product or Community Education
- Present on the retail floor, as floor manager and Educator, a minimum of 32 hours per week
- Represents her/his store at all required meetings and conferences, under the direction of the Store Manager
- Performs/completes other additional project, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request, under the direction of the Store Manager
- Educates guests on our product, community and culture
- Acts as a coach to Educators & Key Leaders and plays a hands-on roll in their development
- Unpack boxes for inventory as required. Boxes can weigh 10 - 30 lbs
- Under the direction of the Store Manager or Regional Manager, performs/completes other additional project, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request
AN ASSISTANT MANAGER’S WORK WEEK (the Hours):
The Assistant Manager works 40 hours a workweek (5 days) consisting of a minimum of 24 hours per week managing/educating on the retail floor; at least one day is a weekend day/night.
SELF DEVELOPMENT/LEARNING (the Growth):
- The Assistant Manager is fully enrolled and is an advocate for the culture of lululemon athletica and the tools available for personal growth and development such as the library, Brian Tracy CD’s, and goal coaching. They understand these tools and work to enroll the rest of the team in them.
- They also proactively acquires knowledge / education regarding company general information, news bulletins, store policy, processes, quality control, new garments/styles, customer feedback/experiences, and staff information/communiqué by consistently reviewing:
- lulunet & the Hub
- Staff Communication Book
- The Juice/The GOODS