a day in the life of a Assistant YD Developer
- To develop and commercialize Textile Designs/patterns and Finishes that meet the technical & quality standards across the POD and business that are appropriate to deliver the highest level of guest satisfaction in accordance with lululemon strategy and business goals.
- To maintain current knowledge on vendors and industry developments in technical innovation to set Lululemon apart from its competitors, specifically in yarn dye patterns/techniques in weaving and knitting
- To develop new materials that involve woven, knit or jacquard patterns, and ensureing they pass the stringent Lululemon standards within tight season developments
- To provide expertise for the designers and garment technical teams on new techniques, innovation and on the technical capability of vendors to deliver the products required.
- Maintain all data entry through our Flex PLM system. This involves creating fabric codes, a sample, and then communicating to the mill our requests, as well as tracking all submits.
- Run and analyze bi-weekly seasonal analysis reports on current buy ready status of Yarn Dye Developments
- Reviews layout, color and colorfastness results on all yarn dye submissions
- Work with Design and Development to effectively solve and communicate any development issues
The finer print
· University degree / College Diploma required, preferably in textiledesign
· 2-3 years of apparel or textile industry experience and a working knowledge of the industry.
· Must Pass with a Superior rating on Munsell 100 Color Test
· Knowledge and understanding of AATTCC testing procedures
· Experience traveling and working with suppliers outside of North America, preferably Asia
· Knowledge of fabrics and the fabric development process and timelines.
· Technical knowledge gained in retail / manufacturing environment covering all areas of textiles from fibres, yarn, material construction, finishes and printing.
· Knowledge of industry testing standards/test reports.
· Knowledge of x-functional team accountabilities and requirements preferred, including design, sourcing, merchandising and quality assurance.