Senior Fabric Development - Run
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
The Senior Fabric Developer is a subject matter expert who drives seasonal and long range developments cross functionally. They are a leader of self. They mentor technical skills on the POD team. They lead from a place of inquiry and apply reason and critical thinking to analyse and improve process and product offerings.
A day in the life of a Fabric Developer – Senior
- A senior developer will be POD/multiple POD focused providing technical expertise in inducting existing technologies to deliver specific solves requested by the POD.
- Handling and guiding the teams in commercializing complex performance athletic fabrics that create the differentiation in LLL’s raw material offering
- To own risk assessment for the fabrics commercialized for a season working in partnership with Product development and quality team
- To drive self development and provide education to the team to ensure that fabric technical skills are developed and optimized while ensuring alignment to LLL fabric quality manual.
- To be a stand for quality in their day to day activity
- To maintain current knowledge on vendors and industry developments to deliver fabric technical innovation opportunities to set Lululemon apart from its competitors
- To actively attend technical trade shows, build rapport and relationship with industry experts and seek knowledge applicable to our industry to elevate the Fabric team
- Work as a team by enrolling designers and product developers to create awareness on fabric construction, innovation and on the technical capability of vendors to deliver the products required
- Be the sustainability champions for the fabric department at LLL
The finer print
- University/College Degree required in textiles science. We will consider candidates without a degree if the Industry experience demonstrates a strong technical background in Raw Materials
- 10+ years of textile industry experience and a working knowledge of the industry.
- Experience traveling and working with suppliers outside of North America, preferably Asia
- Strong knowledge of development techniques,(process/equipment etc.) for fabrics and the fabric development process and timelines.
- Strong technical knowledge gained in manufacturing environment covering all areas of textiles from fibres, yarn, material construction, finishes and printing.
- Strong knowledge of industry testing standards/test reports.
- Strong knowledge of cross-functional team accountabilities and requirements preferred, including design, sourcing, merchandising and quality assurance and calendar.
- Accustomed to working in a fast paced environment with a dynamic work flow