Store Support Centre, British Columbia, Canada
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
Most companies call us ‘HR’ but we’re way cooler than most companies. We are the team that helps our great people achieve their dreams and live a life they love. We live the law of attraction to attract great talent, ensure our compensation and benefits embody our core values, and we provide support in developing and managing our greatest assets – our people! Your People Potential teammates are your biggest fans and most dedicated coaches.
a day in the life of a People Potential Manager, Product:
+ You partner and provide direction to department managers and company executives on HR policies, procedures and practices through your mastery of how vertical apparel retailers function.
+ You partner with all departments of the People Potential team to support employee documentation including policy manuals, job descriptions and organizational charts, hiring and development.
+ “Get Sh*t Done” is your middle name (not actually, unless it is?!). You implement and support the People Potential strategies, initiatives and programs that effectively support the mission, vision, values, and corporate objectives on lululemon athletica.
+ You are a jack of all trades – you can coach and advise management, deal with employee relations, create and modify job descriptions, oversee the management of employee files, maintain, develop and administer HR policies, and have x-ray vision and/or can scale buildings.
Talent Management and Workforce Planning:
• Assist in compiling relative People Potential metrics, analyzing, reporting and identifying trends with recommendations provided with your strong understanding of vertical apparel business processes.
• Work directly with business partners to identify talent management needs and opportunities.
• Facilitate working sessions to understand and prioritize talent management needs.
• Partner with employees and managers on the scorecard review process.
• Coaches managers on the Feedback For Improvement (FFI) process and makes recommendations for performance improvement plans.
• Work directly with business partners to build a strong talent pipeline and cultivate strong bench strength.
• Work directly with Executive team to attract and develop high potential employees.
• Partner with managers to conduct organizational design work including advising on future people needs.
• Provide strategic recommendations to the business on how to best achieve desired results.
• Assist business in developing teams that will support a growing, innovative company.
• Assist with the identification of People Potential training needs.
• Partner with People Development team in the creation of employee and manager training materials around People Development programs and policies.
• Assists in the creation and training of company policies while identifying potential gaps in current policies.
• Facilitate training sessions with business groups on areas of People Potential training programs and tools.
• Provide innovative and creative recommendations to business partners.
Business Group Support
• Assist in establishing measurable People Potential goals that effectively support the mission, vision, values and corporate objectives of lululemon athletica.
• Provide coaching and resources to employees and managers in areas of personal and career goals, staffing initiatives, performance management, employment relations and policy interpretation.
• Provides recommendations and counsel regarding terminations and advises on severance packages.
• Leads the termination process including conducting exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
• Ensures compliance with Employment/labour Standards and Human rights.
• Support employees and managers on using the HRIS System – Workday.
• Work with managers to create job descriptions as necessary.
• Other additional projects, duties and assignments as required.
• To elevate the world from mediocrity to greatness, beginning first with oneself.
• Be a cultural stand for your business group and provide guidance, coaching as necessary.
• Be generous with your coaching, leadership and feedback.
The finer print:
Required Skills, Experience and Academic/Educational Requirements:
Bachelor or certificate in Human Resources Management.
Minimum 3-5 years working experience in a human resources capacity.
Working experience with a strong focus on business partnership.
Experience working in a retail environment is considered an asset.
Experience working in a start-up or international organization is considered an asset.
Working experience in People Development is considered an asset.
Proven ability to build strong working relationships.
A flexible team player with a proven ability to work successfully in a matrix environment is considered an asset.
Thorough understanding of Employment/Labour Standards and Human Rights.
Our “must haves”:
Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
Ability to stand alone in addressing issues that may be unpopular
Desire to excel and succeed
Actively live and breathe the lululemon culture and lifestyle
Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature