To commercialize product through production ensuring construction, fit, quality standards, manufacturing capabilities and costs are met in accordance with lululemon strategy and business goals.
The role requires the production of technical design specifications & graded production charts. It must ensure that all fabric and trim components/colors used are approved and will meet costing goals. It ensures development tools are updated with accuracy and consistency and communicated to external partners.
This role will work in our retail stores & this position will travel both domestically and internationally utilizing various transportation methods up to 5% of the time.
Define and Manage Fit / Pattern Making (90%)
- Provide technical expertise to factory pattern makers during seasonal on-site development trips.
- Develop POD Block architecture & develop blocks for assigned product line, partnering with other Fit Specialists & Garment Development Technologists to ensure consistency in like products across the business
- Provide pattern making expertise for assigned product line and assistance as required by the Garment Development Technologist during development process.
- Provide technical recommendations to Garment Development Technologist to create consistency of fit/construction, to help achieve design concepts and product line initiatives.
- Communicate style construction alternatives and optimal marker utilization to help achieve margin goals.
- Translate and/or communicate design concepts to generate a 2 dimensional pattern (ie. using CAD to generate a pattern in house or advise factory) that incorporates fit requirements and construction feasibility.
- Develop patterns and/or technical size specs to guide factory pattern makers with the goal to minimize prototypes required to achieve approval while maintaining the design vision.
- Create and communicate pattern revisions, incorporating styling and fit changes.
Delivery/Quality Performance (5%)
- Ensure that the function helps to meet or exceed stated production and quality performance goals.
- Ensure that quality is key focus throughout commercialization process… ie, construction, component decisions etc.
- Work with QA to analyse guest feedback to gain knowledge of guest requirements for product innovation
- Incorporate guest complaints into lessons learnt from previous seasons
- Agree with QA pull back action where required.
- Instigate due diligence testing during each season
University degree / College Diploma required, preferably in fashion or textiles.
- 4+ years of apparel or textile industry experience.
- Expert knowledge and skills in computer pattern making in a production environment. Gerber CAD system knowledge preferred.
- Expert knowledge of apparel development process from inception through production, including but not limited to: Pattern making, grading, construction, costing, manufacturing, embroidery and print placement in relation to graded patterns/construction, materials and machinery used.
- Experience traveling and working with suppliers outside of North America, preferably Asia
- Strong knowledge of x-functional team accountabilities and requirements preferred, including design, sourcing, merchandising and quality assurance.
- Strong understanding of various construction methods and general patternmaking methods
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft office applications and Outlook a must, familiarity with PLM software, Illustrator)
- Knowledge of product creation process
- Knowledge of factory processes/equipment/techniques, etc.
- Knowledge of industry testing standards and reports
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and objectively.
- Must have ability to multi-task effectively.
- Able to travel extensively both domestically and internationally utilizing various transportation methods. (travel up to 5%)
- May have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time (approx 20lbs.)
- Will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
Our “must haves”:
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Actively live and breathe the lululemon culture and lifestyle
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
- Self -motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!